We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies are used to:
- Estimate audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about user preferences, and so allow customisation of sites according to the users’ individual interests.
- Speed up searches.
- Recognise users when they return to sites.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie||Cookie Type / Purpose||Information Collected||Duration of Cookie|
|Google Analytics _utmz||Performance to measure/improve quality of our site||Tracks traffic sources (keyword and referrer) and navigation history.||6 months|
|Google Analytics __utma||Performance to measure/ improve quality of our site||Identifies a visitor (i.e. the computer) as a unique entity for subsequent data recorded||2 years, renewed on subsequent visits|
|Google Analytics __utmb and __utmc/||Performance to measure/ improve quality of our site||Collectively used to record the duration and visitor spent on our site||30 minutes and session|
|wordpress_[n]||Site functionality||A series of cookies used to enable user login and authentication. They are used purely for functionally allowing logins, and are not tracked in any way.||Session or 30 days (if “remember me” used)|
|viewed_cookie_policy||Site functionality||Controls display of the cookies warning bar. Not tracked.||30 days|
Used by the Cloudflare network to anonymously track individual users in order to provide additional security and speed improvements for the site. No personally identifiable information is collected or stored, users are completely anonymous, and the cookie is secured and not accessible to any other system.